22 September, 2020
In the midst of the pandemic and social unrest, with work and education moving online, people are leaving the big cities. What will their lives be like and what impact will they have? Join Frode Odegard (Post-Lean Institute), Dr. Julie Albrecht (USC), and Dr. Jim Spohrer (IBM) and explore infrastructure needs for remote high-tech living, and what education, farming, manufacturing, and working from home will be like. They will also discuss opportunities for further innovation and investment.
- Where people are moving and why
- Is this mostly a US phenomenon?
- What will their home lives look like?
- The New World of Work
- Education, energy, farming, and manufacturing at home
- Infrastructure needs for remote high-tech living
- Innovation and investment opportunities
- How will the newcomers fit into traditional communities?
- Forecasting the future of new settlements